This position of Web Developer exists within a faith based NGO. This is a newly created role in which you will enjoy a green-field environment and the opportunity to build the role from scratch. You have the opportunity to join a team with an autonomous manager who places an emphasis on W/L balance. This is a faith based, religious environment and we are seeking someone who is respectful of religious teachings and who is comfortable with the associated messages that this role will assist in delivering.
As Web Developer you will be a critical component of the Communications team, a close knit and very capable group who serve a number of parishes in the region. These parishes all have their own individual identity and require a website which reflects that. The Communications team offers each parish a number of different templates to choose from and once a choice is made they build a website in collaboration with the Parish for them.
So far the team has built 30 websites which all need ongoing support, security updates and maintenance.
Specifically this role will look to improve:
- Security - Some of these sites have payment gateways with secure information and so security is a priority.
- Load-Times - Each site should load in no more than 1-2 seconds, all sites will need to be audited annually and there will need to be a review of their web hosting and alternative options.
- Navigation - People Directories and Parish Location directories need to be re-built and updated.
- On-Line Forms - Registration for marriage courses and other events.
- Bounce Rates - Investigate bounce rates and make recommendations for improvements.
In addition to the 30 sites that are built and live, there are a further 30 websites which need to be built and the Web Developer will be responsible for this. Sites are built in WordPress, and we need someone with at least 3 years-experience of using these tools.
- EDM's, Mail Chimp and E-Newsletter
Nice to have:
- APP Development
- UX, UI
In the coming period you will be expected to complete the following:
- Comprehensive audit on every site being supported.
- Assist with the build of new site, due for release 31st Dec.
- Review all Web hosting and ensure best practice or make recommendations for improvements.
- Assist with training and hand-over of sites once built.
We seek a Web Developer who is patient, able to relay a message clearly and succinctly and who is passionate about owning a role like this. As a part of the interview process you will be asked to sit a coding test in order to demonstrate your experience. A stable, professional and respectful team environment await you. If you would like to learn more about this position as Web Developer please contact Jason Ajai at Talent Web Recruitment by applying through the link.