Catholic Schools Broken Bay is a system of primary and secondary schools across Sydney’s North Shore, Northern Beaches and Central Coast which is responsible for educating thousands of students. They are building a fresh, bold and enthusiastic team of real-world problem solvers, tasked with empowering one of the best learning environments available.
This new and exciting environment will suit curious thinkers who are innovative in their approach and focused on efficient and friendly service.
Creating positive outcomes for their students which ensure they can become the best they can be is at the heart of Catholic Schools Broken Bay.
The Trainee Leadership and Growth Support role takes responsibility for the ongoing support and capacity building of an expanded group of IT Trainees in CSBB. To accommodate a proactive presence in all schools, the Trainee program in CSBB will expand in 2022.
This role coordinates the placement of Trainees in various schools and works alongside the newly created position of Leader: Frontline Enablement to provide quality mentoring support to Trainees from the team of School Enablement and Support Officers.
This role nurtures the responsibilities of Trainees over the two years of their Traineeship, working with mentors and other team members, managing risks inherent in the early stages of Trainee employment, and gradually releasing more responsibility in their work, as each becomes more experienced.
The Trainee Leadership and Growth Support Officer will regularly visit Trainees in their schools for individual coaching, take responsibility for ensuring each school has a dedicated staff member to support Trainees at that level, and work alongside School Enablement and Support Officers in their mentoring role for Trainees. Importantly, this role also maps career progression possibilities for the Trainees, including providing block experience to work alongside Cloud Engineers in the system to gain backend experience over the two years of the Trainee program.
The role also requires the facilitation of regular gatherings for the Trainees to upskill, support and enable them to network with their colleague Trainees.
Recruitment of Trainees is also an important aspect of the role, including site visits in our systemic Secondary schools, targeting upcoming school leavers for career opportunities as an IT Trainee.
- Undertake planned visits to CSBB Secondary schools to target recruitment for upcoming school leavers to become Trainees.
- Play an active role in the recruitment process of Trainees.
- Induct and orientate Trainees as they are recruited, and provide ongoing individual and group support, guidance over the two years of the Traineeship.
- Regularly visit Trainees in schools, monitoring school-based support structures and daily work logs to support the development and contextual needs.
- Work closely with the Leader: Frontline Enablement in reporting on, designing and implementing maps for each Trainee, and their mentor support from School Enablement and Support personnel.
- Monitor and report on risk management for Trainees in their work, ensuring their designed progression is in line with appropriate expectations and development. This will be individualised for each Trainee depending on variables such as their school context, individual potential and collective advice from team members.
- Organise regular gatherings of Trainees as a Network to provide ongoing group support and developmental advice.
- Assess the ongoing suitability of Trainees to support their and CSBB potential for future placement.
- Demonstrate high-quality service and support as to customers as a means in model requirements in technical expertise and customer manner.
- Diploma or degree of appropriate educational or counselling qualifications.
- Work supervising and supporting career staff in their day to day and long-term undertaking of duties.
- Leadership experience and skills in various settings, including those with multiple competing agendas.
- Highly organised individual, with demonstrated ability to manage seemingly competing priorities, and potentially stressful situations for self and others.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to ensuring multiple agendas are fulfilled.
- High emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills.
- Supportive of the various perspectives of stakeholders, and can resolve multiple issues with at times, competing expectations.
- Highly attuned and succinct written, verbal and visual communication skills demonstrating respect and warmth.
- Models calm and respectful relationships with others (customers and team members) and leads others so they can emulate this in their work.
- Onsite parking
- Salary packaging
- Close to public transport
- A newly formed team, huge opportunities for career advancement
- Support in your ongoing development
- Friendly, supportive environment
If you are interested in this opportunity, please "APPLY" for the role and submit a copy of your CV. Please take time to fill in the selection criteria as part of your application and please understand that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted for discussion regarding their application responses but please rest assured, your application will be considered and assessed by a real person.