This varied, exciting, challenging and newly created Systems and Business Analyst role exists within an early stage SaaS growth company. As Systems and Business Analyst you will be responsible for ensuring the technical teams can travel at pace, avoiding situations where lack of requirements clarity impedes process.
This role exists within a business in the Telecom space which has been in operation for several years and which has grown to circa 25 employees with further plans to rapidly expand. They are a fast growing mobility management and TEM platform whose software product helps organisations remove workflow inefficiency and expense wastage from their mobility processes and telecom spend. They have quickly built a customer base of more than 100 organisations from a cross section of many industries using their platform, and have seen consistent growth in revenue.
As a fleet owner focused platform, they embed efficiency within an organisation allowing it to work with any managed mobility service provider without changing internal processes.
The key, overarching objective of this role is to allow the technical teams to 'travel' at full velocity, avoiding situations where lack of requirements clarity impedes progress.
- Engage with Product Management, UX, and Engineering and Technology teams by using a range of tools (visual diagrams) to express system design.
- Map out 'As-is' and 'To-be' processes.
- Analyse market-driven product requirements and add clarification so that Engineering and Technology teams can estimate, plan, design and implement
- with confidence.
- Work closely with Product Management and UX to clarify product requirements.
- On a continuous basis, work with engineers and software developers to interpret and clarify requirements and resolve risks and issues
- Document functional specifications, user stories, wire frames & use cases.
- Facilitate reporting of progress against estimated dates to Product and Senior Management.
- Encourage and support iterative and collaborative development.
- Identify operational tasks, dependencies and risks.
- Define and document improvements to business processes.
- Identify and specify necessary improvements to critical software systems and infrastructure to meet the needs of an evolving company.
- Assist with production incidents and problems.
You will need:
To be someone wanting to join and be a key contributor to a company with big growth plans in a short period of time. Other attributes are:
- Experience of working in a variety of industries with a close alignment to Procurement, Finance and Technology team, and importantly the processes therein.
- Experienced in speaking the language of developers, especially through diagrams like: UML, Activity Diagrams and Use Case Diagrams.
- Operational support experience with the ability to see how systems all 'hang' together, it will be your responsibility to ensure that what the developers are
- doing actually fits in with the business need.
- Strong integration experience across Finance, HR and Procurement systems.
- To be a self-starter, driven and comfortable with taking initiative and leading from the front. As a fast-growing start-up with big ambitions we need our people
- to lead in their area. If you are more comfortable in an environment where you are being directed and task managed, this is not the place for you.
- To be an A-grade communicator
You will enjoy:
- An environment that is driven, ambitious and challenging the 'norm'
- Flexible working conditions
- The support of a fantastic team and CEO
- Working with people who are vibrant, engaged and driven to what they are trying to achieve
You will need to be resilient and gritty, have a healthy dose of humor and be commercially savvy. If this sounds like you and you would like to learn more, please contact Jason Ajai on 0415 957 323.