We’re currently looking for a Software Engineer to join our customer’s team. Our customers engineering team works 100% remotely and has done since their inception, with all engineers distributed all around Australia. They have a flexible workplace, so it is a great fit for engineers who believe that results matter, rather than the they spend at their keyboard.
Their engineers work in cross-functional teams with designers, customer support, marketing and logistics experts. You might work on projects such as integrating their dashboard with an eCommerce platform, improving the way customers manage their items in their dashboards, or integrating and connecting their networks in innovative ways.
- Ruby and Elixir on the Backend
- React on the Frontend
- Work closely with your Lead Engineer while requiring minimal guidance, you’ll design components, abstractions and write code that is exemplary
- Apply your strong technical intuition to ensure the quality and maintainability of the systems you build
- Build and help design features while explaining trade-offs and plan the work with the team
- Get involved in as many areas as possible; learn how we work, what being an engineer means and find areas that you’re interested in developing deeper knowledge
- Build trust with your peers by debugging issues in production, asking questions after attempting to solve the problem yourself and know who to ask for help
- Learn and learn some more. A lot of things will be new, but you’ll learn to execute, as quickly and accurately as possible
- Experience working on at least one mid to large Rails/Elixir application.
- You know your way around SQL and PostgreSQL.
- Loves working in a team and supporting their team members
- Experience designing and building performant, testable and maintainable code
- Experience working autonomously, with a high degree of personal organisation
- Great written and spoken communication skills for audiences with varying technical ability
- Working rights in Australia, New Zealand or the Philippines without the need of sponsorship.
- A chance to do the best work of your career with a collaborative, creative, supportive team
- A generous personal development budget
- You are able to create your own work environment, connecting to a remote team from anywhere in Australia.
- Options through participation in our ESOP