We’re currently looking for a Software Engineer to join our customer’s team. Our customers engineering team works 100% remotely and has done since their inception, with all engineers distributed all around Australia. They have a flexible workplace, so it is a great fit for engineers who believe that results matter, rather than the they spend at their keyboard.
Their engineers work in cross-functional teams with designers, customer support, marketing and logistics experts. You might work on projects such as integrating their dashboard with an eCommerce platform, improving the way customers manage their items in their dashboards, or integrating and connecting their networks in innovative ways.
- Ruby and Elixir on the Backend
- React on the Frontend
- Being an expert in a broad range of our systems and mentoring others
- Bring your deep knowledge of a broad range of software engineering, tools and practices to the team
- Guide and support others in planning or implementation and you write code that is exemplary, you make the team better by leading by example
- Be pragmatic, you know when things need to be of the highest quality or good enough
- Champion practices and changes that ensure the team are more productive and confident
- Collaborate with stakeholders and communicate technical ideas in the right language
- Identify technical opportunities and bring to attention challenges before they have a negative impact on the business.
- Work with systems at large scale, complexity or both
- Experience working on at least one mid to large Rails/Elixir application.
- You know your way around SQL and PostgreSQL.
- Loves working in a team and supporting their team members
- Experience designing and building performant, testable and maintainable code
- Experience working autonomously, with a high degree of personal organisation
- Great written and spoken communication skills for audiences with varying technical ability
- Working rights in Australia, New Zealand or the Philippines without the need of sponsorship
- A chance to do the best work of your career with a collaborative, creative, supportive team
- A generous personal development budget
- You are able to create your own work environment, connecting to a remote team from anywhere in Australia.
- Options through participation in our ESOP
If you are interested in this opportunity, please "APPLY" for the role and submit a copy of your CV. Please take time to fill in the selection criteria as part of your application and please understand that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted for discussion regarding their application responses but please rest assured, your application will be considered and assessed by a real person.