The primary function of the Senior Project Manager is to lead and manage multiple and/or complex projects specifically relating to the installation of electrical network infrastructure and Shore Power facilities, across Port Authority sites. The role will also focus on the implementation of sustainability initiatives to support the achievement of Port Authority of New South Wales (Port Authority) Net Zero targets.
The Senior Project Manager reports directly to the General Manager Projects and is accountable for project programming, planning and execution within established budgets and Port Authority’s Policies and project management procedures. The position plans, monitors, delivers and evaluates a range of complex projects and provides expert technical advice to Port Authority divisions and project teams. While the position consults with the General Manager and Project Steering Committee on high-risk matters to determine the best solution, circumstances may require the incumbent to make prompt decisions to mitigate budget or program risks.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead multi-disciplinary project teams, including external contractors, in the delivery of projects related to electrical network infrastructure and Shore Power, to meet time, cost and quality objectives in line with Port Authority policy, processes and established project management methodology
- Develop business cases and project justification material to support project initiation and approval
- Continuously monitor project progress, measuring and reporting against key project health indicators to internal and external stakeholders
- Co-ordinate project interdependencies, monitor alignment with Corporate objectives and action risks, identify and assist with change management actions
- Facilitate the tender process including liaising with key stakeholders and providing accurate, comprehensive briefs, participating in panels and evaluating submissions to ensure appropriate contractor selection and best value for money for Port Authority projects
- Lead effective contract management with suppliers to ensure delivery of quality and cost effective services and outcomes in line with agreed budgets, timeframes and Port Authority policies and standards
- Co-ordinate project interdependencies, monitor alignment with Corporate objectives and action risks, identify, assist with change management actions, and liaise with key stakeholders
- Provide robust and flexible program and project planning, including establishing and communicating timelines, key milestones, budgets and resource requirements, to drive integrated outcomes that achieve Port Authority’s strategic objectives with minimal planned disruption to port operations and stakeholders
- Engage key stakeholders including community, land owners and other government organisations to identify and manage expectations consistent with program and project objectives
- Provide coaching and mentoring to the project team in both a project management and career development
- Monitor and enforce compliance with Port Authority’s WHS Contractor Management System, and relevant legislation, regulations, codes and standards to identify hazards, prevent injuries and ensure safe work practices
- Contribute to the development and implementation of project planning and communication documents (eg environmental assessments, communications plans and updates)
- Record and maintain accurate contract documentation to ensure projects are completed in accordance with contract provisions, deliver the design intent and minimise unexpected variations
- Develop and implement risk management strategies, proactively identifying, communicating and minimising risks for Port Authority to reduce organisation exposure
- Provide expert engineering advice and solutions to Port Authority Executive and project teams on diverse technical issues including the implications of decisions to resolve problems and facilitate effective project outcomes
- Champion best practice project management methodology and intellectual capital to facilitate continuous improvement and consistent application of project management policy, processes, procedures and governance
- Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate discipline e.g Engineering, Project Management
- Experience managing and delivering a program of works specifically relating to electrical networks and equipment.
- Experience liaising with energy providers, accredited designers and installers.
- Experience in managing multiple, interrelated complex projects, including infrastructure construction, real estate, port development or property projects, to achieve integrated organisation outcomes
- Knowledge of property development, asset management, engineering construction and planning approvals processes
- Ability to analyse multi-faceted issues, think laterally and prepare appropriate recommendations
- Contract management including negotiation, monitoring progress and performance
- Financial skills to monitor and manage project and program budgets
- Development under strong leaders
- Flexible working conditions
- High performing, Supportive and Collaborative environment
Click APPLY or contact James Hasloch on 0434938199 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion