- Preparing and reviewing technical tax advice in relation to transactions across a range of investment classes and funds including; tax structuring advice, tax due diligence on potential investments and fund optimization strategies
- A ‘big picture’ understanding of funds management tax operations
- Research and stay up to date with tax knowledge relevant to funds management and investments
- Ensure all tax compliance obligations are met
- Suggest changes to internal tax polices/guidelines to ensure they are kept current and relevant given the evolving nature of the investments in various funds
- Ensure adequate controls are in place to ensure all obligations are met regarding transactions and reporting
- Assist in various special projects and key initiatives
- Build and maintain a strong working relationship with external advisors
- Relevant bachelor’s degree (e.g. Finance, Commerce, Accounting, Law) with ideally, a post graduate qualification (CA, CPA or Master of Tax)
- 8-10yrs+ experience in the Funds Management environment
- An ability to problem solve and work with multiple parties to ensure a successful offering
- A full understanding of the investment management industry.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Passionate about funds management and investment markets.
- The ability to continually improve processes and controls to drive a positive commercial outcome.
To register your interest, please apply by following the prompts and sending an up to date copy of your CV. For further information or a confidential career discussion please call Fraser Chapman on 0424 155 675