- Join an established Tax & Accounting Practice to lead the team
- Equity opportunity - Genuine path to partnership
- Northern Beaches location
Our client is a privately-owned Accountants and Tax specialists based on Sydney's Northern Beaches. They are a boutique advisory practice with an established client base, strong procedures and a high level of staff retention. Managing the tax and accounting requirements for over 500 entities, primarily for small to medium-sized enterprises, they also provide their clients with personal tax advice and commercial and strategic advice.
The company has enjoyed a high level of client retention and good year-on-year growth and is in a joint venture with a leading financial planning practice to provide accounting support to Self-Managed Super Funds (SMSF) and tax planning as part of a broader holistic financial advisory offering.
- Lead the relationship management of existing client accounts and the development of new relationships
- Ensuring the completion of income tax returns for individuals, trusts, companies and SMSFs
- Provide advice on achieving the most effective tax position
- Develop key relationships with old and new clients to assist with obtaining new work
- Managing a small team of accounting and administrative staff
As part of the succession plan for the Managing Partner, we are looking for a candidate at Manager or Senior Manager level, with a strong track record within SME accounting and tax advisory. This role presents a genuine opportunity to achieve equity partnership within the firm within 3-5 years and become Managing Partner.
The successful candidate will be:
- CA/CPA qualified
- A registered tax agent
- Have a strong tax knowledge applicable to individual, trust, income tax and SMSF returns
- Have well-developed people management experience
You must also have the energy and passion to grow and develop the practice, be technically very sound and demonstrate a proactive approach. You will be a strong communicator, a natural problem solver and a proven relationship builder.
Moreover, their alignment with the values and ambition of the owners and directors will be the decisive factor. Most importantly you will be recognised by others as humble, engaging, enthusiastic and client-centric.
To register your interest please apply by following the prompts. All CV's will be reviewed in full and assessed against the criteria of the role. We are unfortunately unable to provide feedback to all candidates. You will only be contacted if we can include you in the next stage of the process. If you are unsuccessful, we will simply retain your CV for future roles.