Our client is a large, multi-divisional organisation with exposure to a number of industrial sectors. The group Internal Audit function is well established as a key business partnership function and enjoys an excellent internal reputation.
We are looking to recruit a Senior Manager on their behalf with a specific focus on creating, building and driving a new team focussing on Internal Investigations.
This is a greenfield opportunity with the scope to be both strategically focussed and operationally hands-on to ensure that the framework, training and business integration are truly best practice and balance the needs for strong relationship building and independence.
- Assist with the development of the annual Internal Investigation planning process to create an effective framework
- Lead investigation fieldwork and provide hands-on input to both the scoping and delivery
- Lead and manage the execution of fraud investigations
- Perform detailed reviews for all internal audit activity deliverables
- Oversee and monitor the full progress, providing training mentoring and assistance to any team members
- Present results to relevant members of the senior leadership team
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of an effective suite of reports
- Pro-actively manage the follow-up review process
- Ensure a consistent and effective review and resolution process is being applied
- Produce a status report of agreed recommendations
- Assist in the management and oversight of any external advisory support
- Degree qualified (in a relevant discipline)
- Chartered Accountant (CA), or Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA)
- Extensive experience gained in Internal Audit including exposure to fraud investigations
- Ideally trained within a Big 4 Accounting firm or Tier 1 Consulting environment
- Exposure to large and complex commercial environments
- A positive, proactive, solution-driven approach
- Exceptional negotiation and stakeholder management skills.
- A proven track record in people management, mentoring staff and internal stakeholders
- The ability to create and refine internal processes and procedures
- Refined written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills to multi-task and work to deadlines