Initially a 6 month contract this role offers an opportunity for a Senior Financial Accountant to build on their existing skillset while working closely with key stakeholders for a growing Sydney based origination.
Our client is building a strong reputation for innovation and excellence, and this role offers the opportunity to help them grow, and improve, the finance function. Reporting to the Group FC you will also have the ability to mentor and manage junior staff within the finance team .
Reporting to the Group Finance Manager your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure accurate preparation, completion or review of supporting documents and work papers for financial reporting at a group level.
- Assist with presentations and announcements.
- Collaborate with other teams in the business
- Review work performed by the off-shore partners and provide complete and timely feedback.
- Develop and train off-shore partners to continually improve their efficiency and quality of work with the aim to move towards an oversight capacity for the onshore team
Your Skills & Experience
- Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Business or related field.
- You must be CPA or CA qualified
- Excellent experience in Financial Accounting with at least 5 years' experience.
- Up to date with current accounting standards
- Extensive Excel skills.
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail a plus.
- Exceptional organisational, written and verbal communication skills.
Your technical skills are outstanding, and you have the business know-how to provide insightful analysis on financial results (trends, performance, metrics and benchmarks). You have the leadership skills to motivate and mentor your team, and the confidence to collaborate with business leaders.