Our client is seeking an Environmental Planner for Sydney. This position reports to the Senior Planning and Sustainability Manager and is relied upon to review, prepare and assess development proposals and review and advise on operational environmental impacts in respect to legislative requirements. This role will support the companies strategic objectives and to ensure the business operates to high environmental standards.
In this broad and varied position you will:
- Prepare, or manage activities associated with the preparation of, environmental assessments and obtain development approvals.
- Review and assess development applications requiring landowner's consent and make recommendations.
- Ensure all planning applications and assessments comply with relevant legislation, adopt sustainability principles and meet the requirements of relevant agencies and authorities.
- Provide high level advice to key internal and external stakeholders on planning and environmental matters including environmental impacts from operations and developments and ways to minimise or prevent such impacts.
- Identify potential threats and opportunities to current and future port activities, including legislation / regulation / policy / guideline amendments, and prepare submissions where required.
- Contribute to the development or review of planning instruments and strategic plans to support future development strategies and ongoing operations.
- Help manage statutory heritage obligations under Section 170 of the Heritage Act 1977.
- Assist in the development and delivery of sustainability planning and sustainability actions.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure responsibilities and operations comply with environmental legislation and internal policies.
To be considered for this exciting role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in planning, environmental science, environmental engineering or other related fields.
- 7 year's of practical work experience across the areas of planning, heritage, environmental assessments, environmental auditing, environmental management, and project management.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal planning and environmental legislation and instruments.
- Experience in managing complex projects to ensure the delivery of high quality outcomes.
- Experience in preparing submissions to Government on policy / legislation reforms and amendments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to conduct negotiations and liaise with agencies and consultants.
If this exciting role sounds of interest please apply by following the below mentioned prompts.