Based in beautiful Sydney CBD at Walsh Bay the Port Authority NSW is seeking an Environmental Planner to join its high performing team. This position reports to the Senior Planning and Sustainability Manager and is integral in preparing and assessing development proposals and to review & offer advice on operational environmental impacts in respect to legislative requirements. This exciting role will cover environmental issues and planning across some of Australia's richest waterways and surrounding foreshores.
In this broad and varied position you will:
- Prepare, or manage activities associated with the preparation of, environmental assessments and obtain development approvals.
- Review and assess development applications requiring landowner's consent and make recommendations.
- Ensure all planning applications and assessments comply with relevant legislation, adopt sustainability principles and meet the requirements of relevant agencies and authorities.
- Provide high level advice to key internal and external stakeholders on planning and environmental matters including environmental impacts from operations and developments and ways to minimise or prevent such impacts.
- Identify potential threats and opportunities to current and future port activities, including legislation / regulation / policy / guideline amendments, and prepare submissions where required.
- Contribute to the development or review of planning instruments and strategic plans to support future development strategies and ongoing operations.
- Help manage statutory heritage obligations under Section 170 of the Heritage Act 1977.
- Assist in the development and delivery of sustainability planning and sustainability actions.
To be considered for this exciting role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in planning, environmental science, environmental engineering or other related fields.
- 7 years of practical work experience across the areas of planning, heritage, environmental assessments, environmental auditing, environmental management, and project management.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal planning and environmental legislation and instruments.
If you have excellent communication skills both written and verbal and feel the above role is of direct interest please do not hesitate to apply today for this exciting rare position.