Since their inception, the relationships they have fostered between their members and retailers have driven $2.5 billion in sales and returned over $110 million in cash to their members. In addition, every purchase helps improve the lives of sick children through the work of the Starlight Foundation. To date, they have raised more than $800,000 and helped 20,000 children, and last year became the first listing company to pledge 1% of their shares to charity.
The Senior Data Analyst is a heavily technical role with direct accountability for the delivery of multiple analytical projects. The Senior Data Analyst works with the Head of Data and other members of the data team to help transform internal business stakeholder questions and issues into analytical solutions. These internal stakeholders sit across the functions of Product, Finance, Marketing, Operations and Member Services. The role will also have a significant coaching component for the more junior members of the team and supporting their learning and development.
- Influence key stakeholders through effective storytelling and relationship management to ensure data is a key enabler of decisions
- Proactively engage and collaborate with key stakeholders to understand key business problems to be solved
- Translate business problems into data requirements
- Perform complex data and commercial analysis to understand how customer behavior and product changes affect the business
- Deliver actionable insights and recommendations in the form of ad-hoc analysis, reporting, or ongoing requests for multiple teams across the business (Product, Finance, Marketing, Operations, Member services, Board, CEO, etc.)
- Provide data support and ensure data quality and governance across the business
- Support and mentor more junior members of the team in querying data, structuring, and executing analyses and presenting results in a clear and simple way
- 5+ years’ experience in data analytics or a similar role
- Highly proficient in SQL and data visualisation platforms such as Tableau or PowerBI
- Exposure to advanced analytics methods and application such as Python, R or Matlab
- Strong understanding of customer databases and/or complex data sets, including segmentation, clustering, data warehouses, and predictive modelling
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering, mathematics, actuarial studies, statistics, physics, or a related discipline
This organisation has a unique, vibrant culture where they encourage collaboration, pioneering new ideas and pushing the boundaries but most importantly, they have fun along the way. They are a passionate team, committed to driving results, for their customers, merchants and most importantly for their charity partner. With their Chatswood office and brand-new CBD office in Sydney, they offer flexible working and empowerment as well as other great benefits including; summer hours, discounted gym and wellness offering, birthday leave, and 16 weeks of parental leave.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click "APPLY" for the role and submit a copy of your CV.
Take your time to fill in the selection criteria as part of your application and please understand that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted for discussion regarding their application responses but please rest assured, your application will be considered and assessed by a real person.