This role exists within a business in the Telecom space which has been in operation for several years, and which has grown to circa 25 employees with further plans to rapidly expand. They are a fast growing mobility management and TEM platform whose software product helps organisations remove workflow inefficiency and expense wastage from their mobility processes and telecom spend. They have quickly built a customer base of more than 100 organisations from a cross section of many industries using their platform, and have seen consistent YOY growth in revenue.
- Empathy and a passion for users, customers and our partners.
- Lean Project Management experience in a start-up environment, you will be joining a Lean team and must be able to demonstrate that you can apply your experience to varying tasks.
- Strong understanding and experience of web technologies and products.
- UX design experience using tools like Figma or Sketch. This is an important requirement, a significant part of the delivery to the tech team is through Figma. Wireframes or low fidelity designs are the rock upon which the Dev team gathers their requirements, they are very much a visual requirement driven team.
- Proven experience of delivering in an Agile environment.
- An understanding of all phases of the SDLC.
- Ability to lead, influence and nurture others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A Technical Bachelor’s degree would be viewed favorably. At the very least you will have come through either the QA or Development route, ultimately you could be running a squad of between 5 and 6 and so a technical understanding of ‘their’ world is an essential requirement.
- Develop a strong understanding their users’, customers’ and partners’ needs. Typically, their customers are within the SME sector and your key stakeholders within those organisations would be within Finance, IT (Administration) and Procurement. Our ideal PM will have worked in those areas of the business and will understand how they operate.
- Manage the end-to-end delivery of product features in a Lean Product and Agile Development environment.
- Own the feature intent and manage the feature’s scope. Our ideal person will guide the team from the ‘concept of feature value’ all the way through release. After release, you will also be responsible for ensuring adoption and understanding the ‘customer need’ and ensuring that the team delivers to that.
- Create and iterate wireframes, mock-ups, and concepts and liaise with UI/UX, Devs, and SMEs. This is a very visual team, and your ability to diagrammatically convey a message will be critical to the success of this position.
- Manage product development timelines and deliverables.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing, Sales, Customer Success and Partners.
- Contribute to the overarching product strategy and roadmap.
- Gather insights from data monitoring tools such as Segment or Amplitude. We are seeking a PM that can collect qualitative as well as quantitative feedback.
- Gather and distil feedback from users and customers using qualitative and quantitative methods.
- An environment that is driven, ambitious and challenging the ‘norm’.
- Flexible working conditions.
- The support of a fantastic Head of Product.
- Working with people who are vibrant, engaged and driven to what they are trying to achieve.