This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Principal Tailings Engineer based in Brisbane to work for a global engineering consultancy who provide design and construction services to the mining industry across Australia as well as internationally.
The Principal Tailings Engineer is responsible for managing the design services within the office and to assist the Regional Manager when on business. You will deliver tailings dam deposit design to the highest standard and act as subject matter expert to the other engineers and designers in the office. You will be the Manager to an office of 9 engineers when the Regional Manager is away and act as a mentor and leader to the design team. Further responsibilities as follows:
- Project coordination and management of design processes
- Team management when the Regional Manager is away on business
- Providing advice to more junior members of the engineering team
- Ensuring QHSE standards are upheld
- Manage and prepare tenders and proposals
- Site supervision and inspection when required
To be considered for the position, you will have a proven track record in civil or geotechnical engineering in the mining industry in Australia with excellent presentation and communication skills. The successful candidate will also need to display the following qualities:
- Minimum 10 years experience working in the design of tailings in Australia.
- Tertiary qualifications as a Geotechnical or Civil Engineer.
- Previous experience in the design of Tailings Storage Facilities.
- Experience mentoring a team of design engineers, focused on the delivery of tailings designs.
- Strong technical capabilities in water management, geotechnics, tailings and heap leaching.
- Confidence in business development and external stakeholder management.
Candidates with overseas experience will also be considered, should you have worked as a Senior Engineer on tailings projects overseas, have worked in Australia previously and have existing rights to live and work in Australia.
If you have all of the skills and attributes above please apply today or contact Matt King on 0474206173 for a confidential discussion.