This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Principal Civil or Geotechnical Engineer to work for a global engineering consultancy who provide services to the mining industry across Australia.
The Principal Engineer is responsible for managing the design services within the office and to assist the Regional Manager with business development activities as required. You will act as the Manager to an office of 9 engineers when the Regional Manager is away and act as a mentor and leader to the design team. Further responsibilities as follows:
- Project coordination and management of design processes
- Team management when the Regional Manager is away on business
- Providing advice to more junior members of the engineering team
- Ensuring QHSE standards are upheld
- Manage and prepare tenders and proposals
- Site supervision and inspection when required
To be considered for the position, you will have a proven track record in civil or geotechnical engineering in the mining industry in Australia with excellent presentation and communication skills. The successful candidate will also need to display the following qualities:
- Minimum 10 years experience working in the mining sector in Australia
- Previous experience in the design of Tailings Storage Facilities.
- Experience managing a civil engineering design team
- Strong technical capabilities in water management, geotechnics, tailings and heap leaching.
- Confidence in business development and external stakeholder management.
If you think this is the role for you, or would like to find out more, please apply following the below mentioned prompts or contact Matt King directly on 0474206173/ to discuss further.
(NOTE: Only shortlisted applicants will be approached)