Our client is looking for a Marine Mechanic who is relied upon to facilitate the maintenance of a fleet of vessels, providing technical support, to maximise the availability, productivity, safety and value of the assets in line with statutory requirements and company objectives.
In this rare opportunity you will be required to:
- To work as a member of team, ability to work unsupervised, have an excellent work ethic and be clean and tidy in the work area.
- Work is carried out on many different styles of vessels, in confined spaces and tight time frames. Attention to detail is important as is being courteous to the customers.
- Assess and diagnose problems to repair and maintain Port Authority marine assets
- Maintain accurate maintenance records to ensure availability of up to date and relevant information
- Initiate, track and record maintenance activities in Port Authority's online maintenance system
- Ensure compliance with legal guidelines and internal policies
- Promote a safe working environment consistent with Port Authority's Work Health and Safety values, policies and procedures.
To be considered you will have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Must be proficient on both Diesel and Petrol engines, be familiar with Marine Drive systems, Cooling systems, Fuel systems, both diesel and petrol and basic electrical.
- You will need to be trade qualified either Diesel or Petrol engine orientated, be reliable and willing to learn the Marine trade. Marine experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering commercially sound maintenance services in a technical environment
- Ability to build strong internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, particularly with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Drivers Licence
Desirable (or willing to obtain)
- Fork lift
- Welding experience
If this role sounds of interest please do not hesitate to apply by following the below mentioned prompts.