We are looking to speak to a dynamic and commercially inquisitive Legal, Risk & Compliance specialist to work with a client embarking on the growth phase of their Australian business. The company has enjoyed massive growth in its international operations and is well placed to replicate this in Australia, with a strong balance sheet and a newly appointed executive team. This role will be key in enabling this growth and ensuring that the structures are in place to sustain it.
Your key initial accountabilities will be:
- Effectively lead the Risk and Compliance Function across all areas of the business
- Drive compliance to make it a core competency across the company
- Create and maintain operations manual and HR policy.
- Take responsibility for compliance in regard to issues of confidentiality and privacy
- Establish a contract register to provide comfort to the board around the compliance of existing and future legal agreements
- Support the CFO with the review of all M&A transactions, taking the lead in the review of sale/purchase agreements
- Create a process to ensure company compliance with all legal and regulatory compliance requirements for the day to day operations
- Manage a team (currently 2 direct reports).
Moreover, you will act as the corporate conscience, providing a sense check on all proposals and strategies. You will be commercially enabling with a strong eye for detail and have a capacity to a large and varied workload. You will understand the broader context of the issue and have the ability to challenge external advice (legal and accounting). Most importantly you will thrive in an environment of growth and change in a "people-driven" environment.
You will be professionally qualified (Law or Accounting/Finance) and have a strong background in corporate Risk and Compliance. You will be motivated by a drive towards best practice, but have the flexibility to understand the commercial realities of a fast-moving growth phase business. You will have the ability and willingness create and review complex contracts and the gravitas and diplomacy required to encourage compliance across a broad and varied stakeholder group.
You will also be able to draw on experience in a commercial environment, ideally in a sub $100m revenue business that has achieved a similar story of growth. Moreover, the ideal candidate will be an independent and competent professional who will be able to work with minimal supervision. Attitude and approach will be key to match the culture of a respectful and people focussed organisation.
To register your interest please submit your CV (in Word Doc Format) by following the prompts. For further information please contact Ed Kirby on 0419 615 720.