Our client is a highly reputable property group that has an impressive portfolio of assets nationally. They are seeking an experienced Legal Advisor to join their Melbourne team.
Repoting into the Head of Legal and managing a Legal Associate, this role will be an integral part of the Lease Administration team, responsible for managing, negotiating and executing the documents associated with retail lease agreements on behalf of the company.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Provide legal advice and technical expertise in negotiation of documents
- Review drafts, terms and letter of offer documentation
- Negotiate and manage the lease negotiations for complex leasing matters
- Provide sound and comprehensive legal advice to the broader leasing team
- Mentor to lease admin and leasing teams
- Assist relationship management with national legal service provider alongside the Senior Legal Advisor
The right person will have:
- Law degree and currnet practising certificate
- 5+ years' experience (post-admission) ideally in retail leasing or commercial property sector
- Strong knowledge of retail legislation a must
- Leasing experience across large Shopping Centre assets preferred
- Ideally having had experience in an in-house role previously (with a landlord or retailer ideal)
- The ability to work in a high volume environment
- Exceptional stakeholder management, influential and relationship skills
- High attention to detail and exceptionally organised
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This opportunity is a 14 month maternity leave contract.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, apply below.