Catholic Schools Broken Bay is a system of primary and secondary schools across Sydney’s North Shore, Northern Beaches and Central Coast which is responsible for educating thousands of students. They are building a fresh, bold and enthusiastic team of real-world problem solvers, tasked with empowering one of the best learning environments available.
This new and exciting environment will suit curious thinkers who are innovative in their approach, and focused on efficient and friendly service.
Creating positive outcomes for their students which ensure they can become the best they can be is at the heart of Catholic Schools Broken Bay.
This role requires a highly skilled and motivated self-learner supporting various learning and development needs for customers (administrators, leaders and educators) in understanding required learning needs, implementing processes, systems and applications.
It requires self-direction focussing on achieving tasks with little supervision, and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Outstanding interpersonal skills, in particular listening skills, and emotional intelligence are also vital in supporting the varying contextual needs of learners and their abilities.
Whilst it is vital the Learning and Development Officer is current in a range of cross-platform applications, equally important is the ability and willingness to self-learn quickly as new needs arise, applying this to support the learning of others.
Crucial to this role, much of the work and support will be in the provision of material empowering School Enablement and Support Officers to deliver directly to schools, rather than entirely providing first-hand delivery of support.
High-quality digital media skills are also an important aspect to the work, supporting the production of excellent AV materials as needed, and in delivering learning to others as needed.
- Construct well-written support materials for staff in CSBB schools to implement new and required learning processes.
- Produce professional-quality digital resources that communicate new needs and processes as required and other material as required.
- Assist in the construction of procedures and processes that will be delivered by others in the team.
- Continuously document gap analysis and project requirements as work is undertaken, foreseeing and reporting to potential new tasks.
- Self-Learn as required where gaps exist in prior knowledge and the needs for learning and development.
- Proactively design solutions as next steps for where there has been a projected need, and offer this support as a matter of course in potentially complex new learning for others.
- Work closely with other team members supporting their implementation of learning needs for others in their work.
- Diploma or higher (degree) in Digital Communications.
- MOS Certification / Google Certified Educator / Apple Distinguished Educator.
- Relevant experience in supporting adults as learners, incorporating a range of digital skills.
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing high-quality digital resources utilizing multi-media.
- Proven experience and industry certifications in training applications across a range of software and hardware vendors.
- Track record in designing and executing successful training programs.
- Demonstrated skills in self-learning seamlessly as required in designing learning for others.
- Proven experience in successfully implementing deep learning for others using varied strategies and methods.
- Excellent project management skills managing multiple and simultaneous agendas.
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage your own and others’ time effectively.
- Onsite parking
- Salary packaging
- Close to public transport
- A newly formed team, huge opportunities for career advancement
- Support in your ongoing development
- Friendly, supportive environment
If you are interested in this opportunity, please "APPLY" for the role and submit a copy of your CV. Please take time to fill in the selection criteria as part of your application and please understand that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted for discussion regarding their application responses but please rest assured, your application will be considered and assessed by a real person.