The organisation we represent embraces diversity in their people and thinking, they are a team of <100 people and everyone has some sort of ethically aligned and personal connection to their mission.
This role will suit someone who has a real interest in technology, outside of just 9-5. You will be constantly looking at the tools and products that can support your users and will use your lively, energetic, and naturally friendly style to find solutions that make people's technical issues go-away.
Core focus areas:
- Provide Level 1-2 desktop support and response to IT related inquiries and requests for assistance including ensuring that accurate record keeping is adhered to for audit and reporting purposes.
- Ensure problems and issues highlighted by employees in relation to the computing environment are analysed in a timely and cost effective manner.
- In conjunction with the Head of Technology and external IT Support specialists, propose and potentially develop solutions to problems. This includes issues related to:
- Desktop computers, printers and local network;
- Support of windows operating systems; office suites and security software;
- Installation and configuration of new equipment and advice on computing issues
- In liaison with the Head of Technology and external IT support, develop, document and implement processes and procedures to ensure the provision of a cost effective and efficient first level IT support service.
- Monitor the inbox on the IT Helpdesk to ensure that employees initiated support requests are responded to in a timely manner.
- Provide hands on training to users as required.
- Participate in and promote a team environment based on supportiveness, development, sharing, and effective communication.
- Identify opportunities and challenges to enhance personal and organisational growth.
- Convey a positive and professional image.
- Provide a highly professional, responsive and customer oriented approach at all times.
- Undertake project management initiatives as required.
- Produce reports, documents and statistics in accordance with established standards and systems, as required and directed.
- Undertake other relevant duties as directed, consistent with the employee’s skill, competence and training
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in providing a desktop support service in a windows environment.
- Demonstrated experience in researching, analysing, and providing solutions to hardware and software issues raised by users.
- Effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to prepare detailed technical documentation.
- Proficiency in standard office software (word processing and financial management systems)
- Demonstrated ability to be resilient in the face of change
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in using the reporting and tracking functions in Helpdesk software.
- Knowledge 365 Suite including OneDrive and SharePoint.
- Self-motivated and able to work under limited supervision including the capacity to exercise a degree of independence and judgement in the performance of own work.
- Ability to work in a small team including demonstrating appropriate and professional workplace behaviours and assist and support team members.
- Experience running projects from inception to delivery
- Responsibility, reliability, accuracy, and integrity.
- Interest in and commitment to environmental and ethical issues.
- Alignment with values Wisdom, Authenticity, Action, Empathy
- Relevant experience in IT Service Support and the ability to transfer this knowledge into a small-medium sized organisation.
- Experience in WINTEL architecture administration and ability to identify, analyse and provide solutions to issues.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you and you feel your skills align with the requirements then please apply via Seek.