- Based in Silverwater Sydney, the business we represent is a privately owned success story.
- A global product development, sourcing & logistics specialist, they have offices and showrooms in Australia, New Zealand and China.
- They employ 90 x Staff members throughout Australia and multiple overseas locations.
- In operation for 16 years, they have enjoyed an extremely long tenure with many staff members exceeding the 10-year employment mark.
As IT Manager you will lead and drive hardware and software initiatives for the business. You will be responsible for ensuring the right technologies and the right processes are in place, in order to facilitate the delivery of service excellence to their customers. You are there to constantly look at how they can gain efficiencies and improve their service. Our ideal candidate will be someone seeking to be part of something challenging and interesting, and who wants to make a difference to the company and the customer.
- 16 Virtual Servers in total across five ESX Hosts, two of which are Primary Hosts, housing the majority of all Virtual Servers.
- Sophos Endpoint Protection for Security is deployed across servers and PCs, and a physical Sophos. A firewall appliance is protecting the environment from external threats.
- Office 365 is used for email and Office Applications, with Veeam providing the Cloud-to-Cloud Backup for this component.
- Managing IT resources which include a Help Desk person and a Software Engineer.
- Leading strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of services.
- Aligning technology and research with long-term business financial goals.
- In partnership with the SLT, identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
- Development and maintenance of the companies Cyber Security strategy and Disaster Recovery plan.
- Development and management of the companies Cloud storage strategy.
- Evaluating and identifying appropriate technology platforms, systems and processes for delivering the company’s services.
- Participating as a member of the senior management team in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved.
- Managing risks appropriately and ensuring the organization’s resources are used responsibly, particularly in the areas of software development, office networks and computers, and telecommunications.
At the core, you will be someone wanting to join and be a key contributor to a company with growth plans. This role requires a high energy player, someone who is driven to succeed and outstrip expectations.
Other attributes are:
- 10 years of IT Infrastructure and S/W Management experience.
- A high standard of verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong tech-savvy and the ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Strong Project Management and Business Analysis experience.
- Experience in communicating, influencing and collaborating with internal and external vendors and employees, and building relationships.
- Experience in overseeing IT expenditure and ensuring compliance with the budget.
- Experience in developing and directing all networking safeguards to reduce the risk of outside breaches and protect sensitive internal and external client information.
- Wholesale logistics experience will be looked upon favorably.