We are working in partnership with a global mid-sized private equity firm expanding their market reach in Australia. They have an established reputation for high quality deal execution. Due to continued growth in quality portfolio opportunities, they are looking to add an Associate/Senior Associate to the team. They hire people with a strong commitment to deliver excellent service, build their skills and career, and have an entrepreneurial spirit.
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertake extensive financial and operational due diligence on acquisitions, divestments and other strategic initiatives;
- Creating and reviewing 3-way financial models for a range of purposes including M&A analysis, strategic planning, valuations and capital raising;
- Internal and external stakeholder management through the lifecycle of transactions from deal origination through to negotiation and deal execution;
- Partnering with senior stakeholders across various business functions to drive performance in portfolio companies;
- Assisting in the development and implementation of operational strategic initiatives including identifying growth opportunities, cost and competitor analysis and organisational structure reviews;
- Reviewing investment performance and assisting in the preparation of investor reports.
- 2-6 years’ experience in a relevant role (venture capital, investment banking, management consultancy, private equity or a high-growth company or start-up)
- Strong grasp of corporate finance and financial analysis
- Strong financial modelling and analytical skills, including knowledge of company financial statements
- Motivation and enthusiasm to meet, build relationships and debate views with colleagues, leadership team, investors and to learn from subject matter experts
- Ability to write and communicate clearly and concisely
- Bachelors’ Degree ideally in a relevant subject (accounting, finance, business or commerce)
- Qualification or part qualification in the CFA/CPA/CA/MBA or equivalent