The organisation we represent have sub 3b FUM and over 30,000 members and investors. They are currently 60 people strong, a number may increase by 15%-20% in time. Their people have a passionate connection with the values of the organisation and most have some sort of aligned personal connection.
Digital is their shopfront, they have an excellent digital acquisition history have been one of the fastest growing funds from an acquisition point of view for a number of years.
We are seeking an experienced, strategic and detail oriented Technology Leader. You will be a key member of the management team and will hold senior stakeholder relationships with highly analytical and technical colleagues. Your ability to build relationships and manage the dynamics of a variety of people will be a deciding factor in your success.
This role requires someone that is able to understand and articulate the vision and purpose using visual tools, story-telling and evidence based research. We need someone that is a critical thinker and who uses logic and clear communication. You will be an advisor to the Managing Director and someone that is relied upon to direct and guide the ideal systems architecture for the organisation.
You will also liaise with the Board and provide reports and road-maps of the future. This position is strategic but at the other end it requires someone that is action oriented, can demonstrate real substance and who can actually get it done.
Core focus areas:
- Digital platform - A new digital strategy is in the process of being implemented, as Head of Technology you will be expected to quickly understand the strategy and its relevance to the organisation.
- Vendor contract - Currently have a half-insourced, half outsourced vendor model. The contract is now due to be renewed but there are some questions about the model. As the Technology Leader you will need to quickly asses the service being offered and provide recommendations on alternatives or a plan to insource the service and build an internal team over time.
- Mitigating Cyber risk - This will be an ongoing core focus for this position and your ability to foresee the risks associated with Technology within a Financial Services organisation will be critical their success.
In order to be a success and to be considered for this position you MUST have the following experience:
- 8+ years of progressive senior technology leadership experience in superannuation or funds management.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information technology or a related field; Master's degree preferred
- Experience managing direct report(s) in a previous role
- Comprehensive understanding of IT functions and importance in delivering business outcomes, especially in a financial services regulated environment.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of current and up and coming IT technology, systems and applications in a financial services environment.
- Ability to communicate IT solutions in a simple, concise and digestible context to non-experts.
- Experienced in managing and monitoring outsourced service providers to deliver and enhance current solutions.
They have a collaborative and inspiring culture, their people are purpose driven and have a strong connection to who they are and what they do.
Here's what we're looking for when selecting the right candidate:
- Empathy: Respectful, compassionate and collaborative.
- Wisdom: They are deep thinkers who bring about profound change.
- Authenticity: They value individuality and respect their purpose.
- Action: No change is achieved without action.
If this looks and sounds like you and you would like to learn more, please in the first instance forward your CV to the link provided. If you meet the criteria and are a close match we will contact you to discuss the role in detail. *Please note, due to the high number of response we expect to see, we will not be able to contact all that are unsuitable.