This role is responsible for customer acquisition of investment products, both superannuation, as well as investment products outside super, promoted directly to customers for sign up on-line. The Head of Direct is also responsible for designing seamless digital user journeys to increase engagement, conversion, retention, and lifetime value of customers.
The primary acquisition channels are digital, and taking a collaborative approach, the Head of Direct will lead the organisations digital marketing strategy and manage the performance of the digital marketing ecosystem. However, other target segments such as high net worth may additionally require ATL media or an event-based approach.
This role also plays a key role in shaping the organisations marketing data strategy and developing a roadmap for marketing technology capability to improve targeting and conversion for digital media.
Core Focus Areas:
- o Strategy and Planning - Develop direct customer acquisition strategy, develop roadmap for Digital Marketing technology.
- o Data and Analytics - Develop segmentation models, churn prediction models and share of wallet propensity models. Work with Ops and Analytics to ensure appropriate formatting of Data for the Datawarehouse.
- o Customer Engagement - Manage client and intermediary communication, develop communication plan to clients to deliver to customer engagement strategy.
- o Reporting and performance management – Develop key metrics to track success in market penetration, ales results, client satisfaction, customer demographics and sales trends.
- o Leadership – Lead and direct the team, build a high-performance culture. Develop team and individual KPI’s and development plans, coach, review, support and direct.
- Managerial level skills and experience in developing, implementing and monitoring integrated digital marketing, strategies that drive acquisition, engagement and revenue.
- Extensive knowledge of performance marketing, digital tools, marketing automation, technology & content platforms.
- Hands-on experience with a marketing automation platform, including audience segmentation, supporter journey mapping, engagement & retention in an eCommerce or fundraising environment.
- A working knowledge of and experience in utilising test plans & data analysis tools to drive digital marketing performance & digital optimisation.
- Extensive experience in campaign performance monitoring and presenting data & insights to key stakeholders.
- People management experience including an ability to build and lead a high-performance team.
- Advanced communication, collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills.
- An ability to work constructively with diverse people and skillsets to create an energised, trusting and open, purpose-driven working environment.
- A working knowledge of human-centered design thinking & applications, project management & agile methodologies.
- Ability to work in a small and hands-on team environment