Competitive salary | Attractive benefits | Cutting-edge technologies | Flexible working
We are looking for a GIS Analyst to work with one of the leading innovative global organisations that influences the future of connected cars, IoT, autonomous driving and smart cities. As a GIS Analyst you will be contributing to the collection and verification of Map Features for expansion and maintenance of content products for a defined geographic area by supporting the operational plan defined for the assigned territory.
You'll be responsible for;
- Identify and implement automation and change detection opportunities that increase efficiency of existing processes
- Contribute to the integration of a range of internal and external sources into the company location data platform. This will consist of a variety of data formats and feature types such as Points of Interest and Road Features
- Plan, schedule and potentially perform field data collection as required, depending on the requirements set by the sub-region. Actively look for, interpret and act upon change signals in designated locations as well as constantly query and draw intelligence from centrally generated change detection toolsets
- Actively research current trends and changes in GIS and spatial related industries.
- Lead and support map project efforts with Global Production in geographic areas of responsibility
- Participate in and run projects that develop improved map creation processes.
- Lead and participate in technical evaluation of sources (determine if fit for purpose)
- Plan, execute and provide support for projects to be undertaken by the Operations team, which often take care of aspects of complex coding and analysis
- Create or review complex work instructions designed to communicate project requirements to Global Production Operations
What you'll have;
- Bachelor's degree in data Analysis/Science, GIS or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience e.g. Data Analysis/Analytics, GIS
- Experience in GIS software and spatial datasets along with a keen interest in maps highly beneficial
- Ability to extract, manipulate and transform different data formats
- Technical competence with programming and query languages such as SQL, R, Python.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to spot quality issues and trends across large datasets
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
If you think that you'll have the above skills and experience, and you believe that you'd be a strong fit for the role, please apply. To learn more, please contact Amy on +61 2 8075 9921