ABOUT THE COMPANY & ROLE
One of the government departments has recently brought in a new strategy which is a multi-million-dollar investment to improve foundational skills in government and non-government across NSW.
There is an opportunity for a Full Stack Developer/ICT Support to work for the Information Systems Production support team on a contract basis located in Parramatta. You will work in a small team supporting the production environment of online assessment tools.
- Ensure production data quality and database management foundation the applications is maintained at a high standard
- Monitor and maintain the production environment for ALAN (visual voice) apps including;
- Identifying and analysing bugs and possible causes
- Respond to second level support requests from the user support team
- Release deployment
- Performance monitoring
- Maintain and diagnose issues associated with overnight batch operations (Python scripts)
- Contribute development for minor bug fixes and maintenance of the nightly batches and apps
- Liaise across different teams to ensure timely resolution of issues, which will include seeking advice from the ALAN Development team
- Engage with Dev team to understand and test new features
- Perform code reviews and performance optimisation
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- You are Full Stack Java developer with 3-5 years' experience
- In-depth experience with MSSQL & Oracle DBMS, Web Programming, Web Services, Spring Boot, Spring Data, TomCat, Java, Hibernate
- Demonstrated ability to analyse problems, writing clean, scalable, readable and maintainable code
- Demonstrated experience integrating a variety of data sources
- Experience in Microsoft Azure environment and OPEN AM SAML authentication an advantage
- Designing and developing cross-browser and cross-device compatible applications
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you have the above skills and experience, please apply for the role. For more information, you can contact Peter on 8075 9910.