We have an excellent opportunity for a qualified Chartered Accountant to make their first (or 2nd) move into the commercial sector (from Audit or Business Services) as a Financial Accountant with one of Australia's most exciting and recognised companies.
This is a chance to develop within a commercial accounting setting, working with some exceptional mentors and accelerate your professional development. This role will give you exposure to a fast-moving environment and will catapult the ideal candidate forward in their post-chartered career. In return the client is looking for openness, flexibility and a strong work ethic to help the finance team enable the company's growth.
Your key duties will include:
- Assisting in the preparation of accurate financial reports results for the group, including the preparation of a consolidated P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statement on a monthly basis.
- Posting of journal entries for income tax, BAS payment, FBT and income tax.
- Support the analysis of the balance sheet, including cash flow and debt covenants
- Provide support to the management reporting process
- Maintenance and reconciliation of the Fixed Asset Register
- Assist with regular and ad hoc Shareholder reporting requests
- Assist with Budgeting and Forecasting
- Acting as a key point of contact for the annual audit process
You will be degree qualified (finance / commerce / accounting) and have completed your CA within a mid-tier or Big 4 Professional firm. You will have a proactive approach and the willingness to take on any task required in an evolving environment as well as a sound knowledge of organisational accounting procedures, policies and processes.
To register your interest, submit your application by following the prompts. For further information please call Ed Kirby on 0419 615 720