About the role
Reporting to the CFO and leading a large finance team, you will play an important role in driving transformation change through not only the finance function, but the wider organisation. Charged with ensuring financial control and integrity, and delivering on financial reporting requirements, you will also be responsible for driving process improvement and operational performance by challenging the status quo and identifying and executing on opportunities for greater efficiency.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the reporting process to provide accurate, timely and insightful reporting to the board and executive team on monthly/weekly basis and statutory reporting for ASX listed companies.
- Managing the strategic planning process by providing the objective insight and analysis, support decision making on allocation of resources and management of business risks.
- Business partnering on strategic projects - profit improvement, capital allocation, new product and market development, negotiation of key customer contracts and evaluation of M&A opportunities.
- Management of treasury including foreign exchange risks, facility negotiations and reporting on covenants.
- Taxation compliance in Australia, NZ and European countries and establish risk management frameworks.
- Leading the business process improvement projects, ERP implementation and management of Information Technology function.
- Leading a multi-disciplinary finance team, manage and mentor the team to develop high performing finance teams.
- Management reporting and statutory reporting including investor presentations and audit committee papers.
- Managing the planning cycle including forecast, budget and strategic planning. Partner with business to support sales plan, inventory requirements planning, review of the product costs structure and cost centre budgets.
- Partnering with business development and operations team to achieve profit improvements and new market developments.
- Management of group's taxation compliance including annual tax returns, R&D tax claims, BAS and FBT compliance.
- Managing the cash flow of the business and hedge group's foreign exchange risks.
- Leading the finance team including management accounting, account receivable / payables and payroll functions.
Skills and Experience
You are a CA/CPA qualified finance professional with a strong track record at a senior leadership level of driving financial performance and ensuring strong controls and efficient processes in a large complex corporate environment. You have a demonstrable expertise in building and leading high performing teams, getting the best out of your staff through motivating them and providing ongoing development. You are a commercial and big picture thinker, who is proactive in monitoring trends and identifying opportunities, developing and executing plans to maximise financial performance and ensure ongoing improvement of processes and enhancing operational efficiency.
- Strong organisational reputation with sound financial position
- Collaborative and high performing yet flexible working environment
- Attractive remuneration and incentives
- 6 Month Temp to Perm Opportunity