This role works with clients to resolve issues, create comprehensive and timely solutions and provides customer service and support during field visits to ensure maximum efficiency. The Field Technician is a vital member of the Information Technology Operations team responsible for deployment and support of a variety of system implementations. This will involve installation of hardware and software solution components including implementation and testing through to operational production, ensuring client satisfaction.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Manage all installed systems across multiple sites via online systems and site specific visits which could potentially be outside of normal business hours or on call support where appropriate.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, graphic cards, application software, active directory and systems management tools specific to the health industry in accordance with operational requirements and timeframes.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Resolve and own technical issues that arise in a project environment or that have been escalated from the IT Service desk or other IT resolver groups. These can include server, desktop, peripherals, scanners, LAN and applications.
- Conduct regular site auditing and analysis, and participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Provide second level site support to the IT Service desk team and liaise with vendors and other Information Technology personnel for problem resolution ensuring excellent customer satisfaction and professionalism is maintained in all instances
- Conduct MS Windows Server builds as required for site based servers, performance analysis and installations within identified timeframes.
- Conduct activities and tasks associated with Desktop and peripherals build and implementations, Cisco switch, storage solutions and server installation
- Write documents and regularly update current documentation to record procedures and make changes as well as write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiencies and lower the human intervention time on any task
- Work independently or as part of a broader national team in the effective implementation and completion of allocated projects ensuring timelines and requirements are achieved.
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated experience in Field Service Support (building PCs, Printer Support)
- Windows 10 deployment experience
- Detailed knowledge and experience of Windows 10 Operating Systems
- Detailed knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of ITIL Practices around Incident, Service Request, Problem and Change Management
- Proven experience working with Windows server and workstation implementation, administration and maintenance experience.
- Experience in the implementation and configuration of system, middleware and enterprise application software
- Ability to travel interstate regularly
- Own vehicle required