Talent Web is on the hunt for an Economics Project Analyst and Business Case Writer for a 9 month contract to be based in Chatswood, commencing February 2020, to work on a major transport project.
You will be responsible to:
- Understand and articulate the need for the proposed investment, alignment with corporate strategy, options for delivering on the need, project scope, project management strategies and delivery plans, ensuring any assumptions are clearly documented
- Coordinate the estimation of whole of life operational and capital costs (including planning, delivery, operating and maintenance costs), and economic and financial benefits of the investments
- Develop economic and financial appraisal models to support the final business cases
- Ensure that the costs and benefit estimations, and appraisal model calculations are based on accurate and consistent parameters, realistic assumptions, and appropriate historical data where applicable and aligned to applicable corporate or government standards and guidelines
- Document and communicate a clear justification for each project, summarising the distribution of benefits and costs of the project to support the development of final business cases
- Carry out analysis, evaluation and assessment to provide expert, accurate, timely and strategic advice on business case development
- Facilitate passage of business cases through assurance review and investment gateway approval processes
Candidates should have the following background:
- At least 3 years' experience working as an Economist in Australia
- Experience working on major transport infrastructure projects, with a focus on roads and rail
- Excellent knowledge of CBA modelling, working on business cases
- Tertiary relevant qualifications
This role is to start in February, with interviews to commence w/c 20th January. If you're interested please apply as shortlisting will finish on the 15th January.
For more information call Matt King on 0474206173