ABOUT THE COMPANY
One of Australia's largest Financial Services providers based in Sydney's CBD have recently been involved in one of the countries largest Acquisitions and are now scaling up large Continuous Delivery pods to support the growth and increased project pipeline.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You'll be the Development Manager in a continuous delivery pod. Half your role will be making sure the team is producing outcomes but also making sure what's being delivered is inline with the platform focus.
By participating in frequent design reviews, you'll be a pseudo Scrum Master (resolving impediments, coaching the team on day to day practises, facilitating scrum rituals and liaising with the product team). Fair to say it's 70% project focused and 30% BAU. The Development Manager will be the 12th role in this team supported by a Test lead, 4 BA's, 3 Testers, an Automation tester and 3 Integration developers.
- Provide technical direction to the team
- Work closely with product owners to deliver initiatives and products utilising agile methods
- Own the systems and platform technology road map
- Coach and empower staff to take accountability for delivery, risk and issue management and inspiring the team to improve delivery velocity
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Agile background, Development Manager/Team lead experience (have led mid-sized teams of 10-15 people). Ideally we're looking for someone who has been hands on before they stepped up into a team lead/manager role.
- Superannuation/Investments background (decent understanding of the Insurance industry would be a bonus)
- Solid experience implementing CI/CD practises in delivery teams including automated build and testing
- 5 years hands on development experience (Java,.Net,Biztalk or Oracle)
- Experience working with a niche specialist application vendor
People enjoy working in this team because they're given a voice and more importantly they're heard. Everyone's on the same journey which is to be better tomorrow, than you were today. You won't be treated like a number, or ever asked to do something that isn't being done by a peer. Given that you spend most of your life work your colleagues, you'll be happy spending time with these people.
- Free on site Gym, brand new offices
- Career development is on the agenda, not just getting the immediate job done
- Work on the latest technologies and
- Direct access with the Senior Leadership team
HOW TO APPLY
Apply via this advertisement or call Ivan (AD @ TalentWeb Consulting) directly on 0478 129 450 for a confidential discussion