The Data Warehouse Developer (DWD) role involves application ownership for key business data repositories. The role requires full hands-on Application Life Cycle Management including activities such as data modelling, ETL design and deployment, plus identifying functionality gaps to define an application development roadmap.
The DWH owns the solutions and is expected to become the SME and advise the business on new projects and integrations. The role supports the operations team to troubleshoot the applications and make sure they remain stable and available.
Application Life Cycle Management:
- Develop and maintain an application feature roadmap for various Australian business data warehouses.
- Own and maintain governance of energy market management systems, deploying new versions and evolving integration with business systems.
- Develop and troubleshoot ETL Processes, data warehouse applications and PowerBI reports within IT department.
- Responsible for the proactive maintenance of IT and Business Applications, new versions rollouts following software development best practices and identifying system integration risks.
- Ensure code governance and version control across application releases.
- Oversight internal teams and support vendors, spreading best practices to the different teams.
- Ability to make partnerships and collaborate with internal teams and external vendors to facilitate technology led data solutions.
- Document, analyse and support data models and reporting of metrics throughout the organization.
- Coordinate with domain experts and DBAs to develop and refine data management best practices, policies, and procedures that aligns with industry standard.
- Review Monthly Reports on Azure vulnerabilities, follow up fixes and monitor cloud consumption limits.
- Ability to advise appropriate methods to be followed to mitigate any foreseen risks within on-prem and Azure environments.
- Develop complex SQL queries and the ability to optimize them.
- Building and troubleshooting complex Microsoft SSIS and Azure Data Factories for data ingestion and integration.
- Building and optimizing Microsoft SSAS tabular models.
- Building and deploying PowerBI Reports via PowerBI Apps.
- Code Version Control using GIT via Azure DevOps Repos.
- Relevant experience in API development preferably using Azure Cloud solutions such as Azure Functions and APIM.
- Proficiency in deploying Azure Data solutions. Any Microsoft Data Certifications are a plus.
- Experience migrating batch systems into API interactions.
- Understanding Information management including data lifecycle management, data modeling and data integration.
- Build Business Intelligence functional designs.
- Competitive salary + upto 18% STI
- Workplace flexibility
- An impressive office space located between Circular Quay and Wynyard station