The environment we represent supports a system of primary and secondary schools across Sydney’s North Shore, Northern Beaches and Central Coast, educating thousands of students. Creating positive outcomes for their students and enriching their school communities is at the heart of everything the client we represent stands for.
This position is ideally suited to an experienced hybrid cloud or Dev Ops engineer looking to join a highly motivated and experienced team supporting a geographically dispersed network and infrastructure. There are two core datacentres and 44 remote locations with server and switching equipment as well as WAN links back into the core of the network.
Critical thinking, the ability to work well in a diversely skilled team and under pressure are essential to success. A proven history of understanding and operating under the ITIL framework is also essential.
The ability to share knowledge and cross-skill with colleagues is key to this position. Ensuring that the infrastructure systems and services meet best practices including automation, availability and security. You champion an emphasis on continuous improvement through collaboration. Being a key enabler for educational outcomes and obsessed with excellent customer service are at the core of this role.
Although technical in nature, this position requires strong interpersonal skills, interacting with others to resolve complex problems, finding positive solutions to enable teaching, admin and leadership staff to excel in their work.
- Design, implement, operate, monitor and maintain key infrastructure products (services) providing detailed documentation and handover to other team members.
- Provide regular mentoring sessions for other team members to enable continuous upskilling within the team.
- Support Trainees as part of their program, building their capacity in skills and knowledge according to identified indicators.
- Present reports and face-to-face sessions that provide regular transfer of skills and knowledge to other team members to ensure knowledge build-up for all.
- Apply a strong understanding of cloud computing, technologies and concepts to system storage, compute and networking infrastructure.
- Experience of servicing a user base exceeding 300 users (this environment services about 21,000 users and 10,000 desktops across more than 45 sites).
- A Degree in Computer Science or a similar field.
- At least 3+ years of experience in the field of cloud computing.
- Azure, AWS and GCP certifications preferred.
- Highly motivated to own and resolve problems with well-developed troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with a strong customer focus
- A strong and empathetic approach that supports positive solutions, even when requests can't technically be met.
- Respectful to the team, with a willingness to support others in their work as part of that team.
- Highly motivated to research and apply current industry trends.
- Open-minded, collaborative and willing to listen and consider multiple perspectives to produce optimum solutions.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please "APPLY" for the role and submit a copy of your CV. ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted for discussion regarding their application. Unfortunately, due to the amount of response that is received not all applicants will be contacted.