Catholic Schools Broken Bay is a system of primary and secondary schools across Sydney’s North Shore, Northern Beaches and Central Coast which is responsible for educating thousands of students. They are building a fresh, bold and enthusiastic team of real-world problem solvers, tasked with empowering one of the best learning environments available.
This new and exciting environment will suit curious thinkers who are innovative in their approach, and focused on efficient and friendly service.
Creating positive outcomes for their students which ensure they can become the best they can be is at the heart of Catholic Schools Broken Bay.
This position is ideally suited to an experienced 2nd/3rd level engineer looking to take their career to the next level. You will be joining a highly motivated and experienced team supporting a geographically dispersed network and infrastructure.
There are two core data centers and 44 remote locations with server and switching equipment as well as WAN links back into the core of the network.
Critical thinking, the ability to work well in a diversely skilled team and under pressure are essential to success. A proven history of understanding and operating under the ITIL framework is also essential.
The ability to share knowledge and cross skill with colleagues is key to this position. Ensuring that the infrastructure systems and services meet best practices including automation, availability and security. You champion an emphasis on continuous improvement through collaboration.
Being a key enabler for educational outcomes and obsessed with excellent customer service are at the core of this role.
Although technical in nature, this position requires strong interpersonal skills, interacting with others to resolve complex problems, finding positive solutions to enable teaching, admin and leadership staff to excel in their work.
- Design, implement, operate, monitor and maintain key infrastructure products (services) providing detailed documentation and handover to other team members.
- Provide regular mentoring sessions for other team members to enable continuous upskilling within the team.
- Support Trainees as part of their program, building their capacity in skills and knowledge according to identified indicators.
- Present reports and face-to-face sessions that provide regular transfer of skills and knowledge to other team members to ensure knowledge build-up for all.
- Build and maintain written documentation of all systems and technologies as part of your work.
- Apply a strong understanding of cloud computing, technologies and concepts to system storage, compute and networking infrastructure.
- Support resolution of customer needs when interacting directly, in a highly professional and positive manner
- Experience of servicing a user base exceeding 300 users (this environment services about 21,000 users and 10,000 desktops across more than 45 sites).
- A Degree in Computer Science or a similar field.
- Relevant experience in the field of cloud computing.
- Azure, AWS and GCP certifications preferred.
- Highly motivated to own and resolve problems with well-developed troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with a strong customer focus
- A strong and empathetic approach that supports positive solutions, even when requests can't technically be met.
- Respectful to the team, with a willingness to support others in their work as part of that team.
- Highly motivated to research and apply current industry trends.
- Open-minded, collaborative and willing to listen and consider multiple perspectives to produce optimum solutions.
- Onsite parking
- Salary packaging
- Close to public transport
- A newly formed team, huge opportunities for career advancementnSupport in your ongoing development
- Friendly, supportive environment
If you are interested in this opportunity, please "APPLY" for the role and submit a copy of your CV. Please take time to fill in the selection criteria as part of your application and please understand that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted for discussion regarding their application responses but please rest assured, your application will be considered and assessed by a real person.