This is a fantastic opportunity for a Civil or Geotechnical Engineer to work for a global engineering consultancy who provide services to the tailings and mining industry across Australia.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Civil Engineer will be responsible in assisting with planning and design activities to ensure that a high standard of quality is met on mining projects. You will initially be office based in a pure design role, however after training you will work 50/50 between office based design and site inspection and investigations for dams and mining projects. Further responsibilities as follows:
- Project coordination and management of design processes
- Team management when the Regional Manager is away on business
- Providing advice to more junior members of the engineering team
- Ensuring QHSE standards are upheld
- Manage and prepare tenders and proposals
- Site supervision and inspection when required
To be considered for the position, you will have a track record in civil or geotechnical engineering and design in the mining industry in Australia. The successful candidate will also need to display the following qualities:
- Minimum 3 years experience in a civil or geotechnical engineering role in Australia
- Previous experience in the design of embankments, local roads and slopes.
- A solid grasp of AutoCAD and Civil 3D software.
- Seepage modelling and embankment assessment experience.
- Confidence undertaking site based geotechnical investigations, including test pits and borehole logging.
If you think this is the role for you, or would like to find out more, please apply following the below mentioned prompts or contact Matt King directly on 0474206173 to discuss further. Applicants should be aware you will be required to travel to national and international sites after undertaking training in Australia on a rostered basis.
(NOTE: Only shortlisted applicants will be approached)