The Manager - Business Relationships and Strategy is responsible for leading and managing the business ICT engagement with operational business units to develop ICT strategies, promote technology innovation and thought leadership, and document business functional requirements. This role will be the interface between NSW Ambulance and its ICT service delivery partner eHealth NSW.
NSW Ambulance is one of the largest and most modern ambulance services in the world and is recognised as a global leader in its field. It is a division of NSW Health and provides emergency and non-emergency clinical care, retrieval and specialist patient transport services to a population of over 7 million, delivered by its 4,500 staff through 300 locations across metropolitan and regional NSW. Through its fleet of 1,500 road-based vehicles, helicopter operations, fixed wing aircraft, off-road vehicles, snowmobiles and other bespoke rescue options, NSW Ambulance provides comprehensive rapid response services across a diverse range of scenarios and geographical locations.
NSW Ambulance is now seeking to appoint a Manager - Business Relationships and Strategy to provide best practice business engagement which facilitates a collaborative workplace culture and ensures a highly functioning relationship with both internal business units and external providers of I.C.T services.
In addition, the Manager - Business Relationships and Strategy will have responsibility for developing, managing and implementing the I.C.T strategy of NSW Ambulance.
Reporting to the Director ICT, Digital, Finance, Performance & Assets, this role will;
- Identify, develop, and in partnership with eHealth NSW deliver ICT strategies to support NSW Ambulance Corporate Plans and business unit requirements.
- Identify and define in Business and Functional Requirements documents specific ICT business requirements in collaboration with directors, managers, clients across NSW Ambulance and third-party stakeholders to develop fit-for-purpose ICT solutions.
- Identify and investigate opportunities to utilise and integrate emerging technologies to provide cost effective, innovative solutions that are consistent with emerging digital / ICT / eHealth NSW best practice.
- Maintain a sound understanding of the total operations of the health system in order to identify potential areas for innovative digital / ICT solutions.
- Manage stakeholder relationships and provide robust and evidence-based advice about strategic issues to implement reform.
- Establish an effective business and stakeholder management framework within NSW Ambulance and manage end-to-end business relationship within NSW Ambulance.
- Contribute to broader management decision making on behalf of NSW Ambulance ICT for health service improvement and reform, supporting NSW Health organisations to identify opportunities to integrate ICT capabilities and enhance existing service delivery models through the delivery of digitally enabled business outcomes.
- Build and maintain effective, influential, working relationships across the NSW health system and associated organisations, as well as ICT industry partners relevant to NSW Ambulance to facilitate information flow and the achievement of objectives.
To succeed in this role, you will:
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, with the proven capability to manage, lead and influence stakeholders and customers at a senior level to achieve optimal business outcomes.
- Have implemented robust business engagement practices within a large, complex I.C.T service environment.
- Have excellent organisational skills with experience working in a high volume and demanding professional environment and the ability to prioritise competing demands.
- Be proficient in budget management, including profit and loss
- Possess expert level business analysis techniques and documentation
- Have experience implementing strategic initiatives across an organisation, which includes managing change, improving performance and improving efficiencies.
This represents a unique opportunity to utilise your contemporary leadership abilities to deliver a high value and important service to the residents of NSW.
NSW Ambulance values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community it serves. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with a disability.
For a confidential discussion or to review the position description, please submit your CV via the button below.
Applications close Monday 1st April 2019.
When applying, please address the following 2 areas in your cover letter:
- Describe an example of where you have implemented business engagement practices and plans across an organisation, the resulting benefits and pitfalls experienced as a result
- Please outline a recent example of where you've developed and implemented strategy across an organisation, and highlight any learning outcomes that may have arisen.
Note: A recruitment pool may be created through this process. A recruitment pool is a group of applicants who have been assessed and identified as suitable for this role or similar roles, and who may be considered for a range of similar roles, including temporary, term or ongoing roles, over the next 12 months.