The Business Development Manager is a senior role which reports to the GM.
You will be joining a small but focused team in Sydney and will work closely with the General Manager and Board, who will encourage you to lead the way and use your initiative.
As a Business Development Manager your objective is to hunt and secure new business whilst promoting long-term, sustainable relationships. The role will have a budget for service, advertising and marketing.
In this diverse position you as the incumbent will identify opportunities and secure new customers through: -
- Cold calling potential clients.
- Arranging visits and meetings with existing customers.
- Searching marketplace for tender opportunities.
- Preparing and presenting proposals to potential customers
- Generate leads through your own networks e.g. Linkedin, referrals etc.
- Actively participate in industry networking
- Work closely with management to deliver competitive customer pricing meeting both the customers' needs and delivering the best outcome for the business.
- Develop strategies to maximise business opportunities, market awareness, and grow market share.
- Create compelling customer presentations to engage key customers and position the business as a market leader in the truck rental industry.
- Build company CRM - Build and maintain a sales pipeline to effectively achieve a weekly sales budget.
- Update the CRM with daily, weekly and monthly business development activities.
- Strive to exceed the growth targets set for you.
- Prepare regular reports and analysis of new business achievements, opportunities, targets and forecasts and ensure they are presented in a timely manner to management
Proven sales ability in the logistics industry with strong commercial and business acumen with highly developed organisational and planning skills. From a technical perspective you will have the ability to use software including Microsoft and Google Suites, Social Media platforms, and CRM’s.
If the opportunity to work in an autonomous environment please apply by following the below mentioned prompts.