Great contracting opportunity for a Senior SQL Database Specialist to work with one of the Govt departments based in Parramatta.
The NSW Government is rolling out new Literacy and Numeracy Strategy 2017-2020, multi-million dollar investment to improve foundational skills in government and non-government across NSW.
You will be working on a small agile team in the development of online tools.
- Understand the business context and requirements.
- Work with a development team to re-develop a web-based application by improving data structures, data model and performance optimisation.
- Perform design, code reviews, performance optimisation and analysis.
- Explore new technologies and practices to improve product quality and development.
- 8+ years' demonstrated experience developing highly scalable web applications.
- In depth experience with MSSQL & Oracle DBMS, Web Programming, Web Services, Spring Boot, Spring Data, TomCat, Java, Hibernate
- Experience in Microsoft Azure environment an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to analyse problems, writing clean, scalable, readable and maintainable code.
- Demonstrated experience integrating a variety of data sources
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of and experience working in the Department of Education an advantage
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills for collaborating with project stakeholders.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team is a must.
If you believe you have above skills and experience required, submit your resume through apply button below.