Our client is a market leader with a mandate for growth as they navigate through increased demand and expansion opportunities. They are looking for an Assistant Accountant to build and continuously improve their finance function. Reporting to the Finance Manager you will be an integral part of a small yet passionate finance team. Bringing your experience of working in a similar capacity within a professional services environment will add value to your application. A great attitude and ability to be results focused will ensure your success in this role.
- General accounting duties including: bank, creditor, debtor, general ledger transactions and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Daily transactional client payments, credit payments, staff reimbursements, reconciliation of credit cards, bank reconciliation
- Payroll processing including payroll tax and super contributions
- Overseeing the management of inventory and Fixed Assets including end to end ownership over transactions to buy, sell and trade stock
- Assist in GST-related queries and liaising with the ATO and ABS with ad-hoc queries
- Analysis and projects
- Previous experience in an accounts role
- CPA - part of fully qualified or desire to start
- Excel (intermediate) – vlookup, sum if, pivot tables
- Adaptability & attention to detail (not always a universal approach to tasks and often need to consider different ways to approach tasks)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal