ABOUT THE COMPANY
One of Australia's leading stockbrokers, who provides services including trading, clearing and settling transactions on the Australian and international exchange. Services are provided to a large base of retail clients, as well as to customers of a number of banking and intermediary partners through a white label service offering.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- You'll work closely with a global team, following support processes to ensure that all incidents are resolved efficiently and that any required changes are implemented successfully.
- Working in a mixed operating environment, using RedHat (70%) and Windows (30%) you'll work to identify and implement new processes, automated solutions which will ensuren an excellent customer experience.
- Ensure maximum availability and performance of the company's trading applications across web, mobile and API channels
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support for the trading platforms
- System monitoring with real time monitoring tools. (Nagios, Splunk, AppDynamics, Geneos and Bespoke tools);
- Provide proactive and reactive support to application and operational issues across both production and non production environments
- Liaise with external vendor, other support teams
- Review and implement improvements to support process and monitoring where appropriate, as well as ensuring
operational documentation is maintained
- Plan, execute and review maintenance tasks and deployments between IT and development teams
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience with supporting applications (Java, .NET, Apache, IIS)
- Knowledge of Red Hat Linux (or others Unix flavours) including scripting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server
- Experience with working within financial industry
- Experience with working within an ITIL framework
- Experience with working with market data, FIX protocol
Work life balance is important. They're a top tier financial services firm who understand the value of good work but won't work you like you're in a sweat shop. You'll get "mentored" not "micro-managed" and will work in a collaborative team focused on team goals/deliverables.
- Work in a small team, where it's easy to get noticed
- Free coffee, one of the best views in Sydney
- Complimentary fitness classes
- Massive project pipeline on the horizon
HOW TO APPLY
Apply via this advertisement or call Ivan (AD @ TalentWeb Consulting) directly on 0478 129 450 for a confidential discussion