ABOUT THE COMPANY
Financial Services provider who have 25 years experience looking after $51 billion in assets with 2 million customers. They pride themselves on having award winning products with low fees and have enjoyed a long history of long term performance.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Recently two teams (Digital Online & Business Applications) have merged into one. You'll be looking after a team of 4 managing the IT applications portfolio including (Apps Services Governance, Life cycle Management, Capacity and Availability Management).
- They want this person to deliver continuous improvement across the portfolio and playing an active part in setting/delivering a bunch of strategic initiatives.
- Development and maintenance of a comprehensive and forward looking (3 years plus) applications life cycle management plan
- Review of Application solutions. Are they fit for purpose, and the best choice?
- Build capability within the Applications team by providing active management of performance and development
- Assess business process requirements and work flows to identify possible applications solutions that will improve business efficiency
- Keep the vendors on their toes...
- Manage the applications budget working closely with Senior Execs (such as the Head of IT) to ensure budget forecasting is delivered
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an application manager/lead role
- Strong knowledge of system design, development, implementation, and user support principles and practices.
- Upbeat personality. Look at everything positively and as an opportunity. We're looking for a creative thinker, someone who can is malleable enough to manage change but creative enough to get things done. "If the front door's locked, how about the window?"
- Excellent ability to understand business processes and leverage application solutions to simplify
- Demonstrated experience in delivering end user training.
- Proven experience and highly developed skills in managing the change and release management processes.
- You're treating as a person not a number
- You're actually heard, and have a genuine change to set the strategy and have your say...
- Very friendly environment
- Relatively flat structure... They want to get things done!
- Direct access to the Senior Leadership team
- Small, collaborative team
- Recently made the move towards business agility
- Enormity of change on the cards, opportunity to get noticed quickly
- Great offices, centrally located
HOW TO APPLY
Apply via this advertisement or call Ivan (AD @ Talent Web Consulting) directly on 0478 129 450 for a confidential discussion