The Data Integration API developer is responsible for supporting and optimizing data integrations, as well as optimizing data flows and data collections across various teams. The role will own the API catalogue and will be responsible for further development and integrations. It will also track external API catalogues used by the company to integrate with third parties.
The developer owns automation across our client's systems that support Data Analysts from various business units such as Energy Markets, Operations and Finance. This role also works closely with application and infrastructure architects to support any internal project or data initiative and ensure optimal data delivery following architecture guidelines.
API catalogue life cycle management:
- Own and maintain governance of API catalogue, expanding it by developing additional endpoints as required.
- Track and maintain system integration with third-party APIs.
- Create and deploy an API developer portal, with the goal of documenting all API interactions.
- Oversee application upgrades and verify that current integrations remain stable and available.
- Develop and troubleshoot ETL Processes done by API interactions within IT department.
- Responsible for the proactive maintenance of IT and Business Applications, new versions rollouts following software development best practices and identifying system integration risks
- Ensure code governance and version control across application releases. Oversee internal teams and support vendors, spreading best practices to the different teams.
- Take care of application automation either on-prem or cloud, troubleshooting scripts and migrating automations to the cloud.
- Prototype new APIs on demand as part of new systems integrations.
- Manage and maintain API security requirements such as SSL cert renewals and IP whitelisting.
- Document, analyse and support API interactions and reporting of metrics throughout the organization.
- Ability to make partnership and collaborate with internal teams and external vendors to facilitate technology-led data solutions.
- Coordinate with domain experts to refine data management best practices, policies, and procedures that align with industry standard.
- Review Monthly Reports on Azure vulnerabilities, follow up fixes and monitor cloud consumption limits.
- Ability to advise appropriate methods to be followed to mitigate any foreseen risks within on-prem and Azure environments.
- Develop Azure Functions and deploy them in Azure APIM.
- API design and prototyping with tools such as Postman.
- Scripting Batch/ PowerShell / Bash for task automation.
- Code Version Control using GIT via Azure DevOps Repos.
- Database queries and transactional concepts.
- Relevant experience of API development preferably using Azure Cloud solutions such as Azure Functions and APIM.
- Proficiency in deploying Azure Data solutions. Any Microsoft Data Certifications are a plus.
- Experience migrating batch systems into API interactions.
- Understanding Information management including data lifecycle management, data modelling and data integration.
- Experience of building Business Intelligence functional designs.
- Competitive salary + upto 18% STI
- Workplace flexibility
- An impressive office space located between Circular Quay and Wynyard station