One of the Govt departments is looking to hire a hands-on Analyst Programmer/Application Analyst on contract basis to provide 3rd level technical support for large, complex corporate systems that facilitate the achievement of the Department's core business. You'll provide sound, technical and professional advice to the role supervisor, and actively contribute to development, planning, system documentation and reporting.
You'll be responsible for:
- Assume technical responsibility for all stages of the software development process to ensure compliance with development standards
- Provide design, analysis and/or programming expertise into the development and enhancement of complex computer-based programs, systems, databases and prototypes
- Utilise your technical expertise in the requirements analysis and corrections phases to ensure the solution is fit for purpose
- Design and execute acceptance testing to improve the quality of the developed program / system and reduce organisational risks; provide support for UAT
- Provide ongoing third level technical support for programs and systems; analyse and resolve problems, and where necessary
- Contribute to ICT planning to ensure that programs, systems and change requests are considered in the context of emerging ICT requirements; actively contribute to future resource and capacity planning, ICT security and disaster recovery planning activities etc.
- Maintain system documentation, including change requests, technical and user guides, software asset and configuration registers, problem and resolution knowledge bases, and other documentation produced during the program and/or system lifecycle
What you'll have:
- Significant knowledge in design, programming and testing of an object-oriented programming language [J2EE/Java, JBoss EAP6, LDAP Directories, SOA & Web Service Standards].
- Experienced in databases such as Oracle and SQL Server.
- Sound working knowledge of IT service management principles and frameworks including ITIL, process tools, frameworks, and best practice methods.
- 5+ years of experience in web-based software development environments and demonstrated ability in J2EE development.
- Experience with Bamboo, Git, JBoss Oracle and SQL Server.
- Experience with TIBCO, messaging and Splunk in a highly integrated environment.
- Experienced with Mulesoft.
- Strong communication skills
If you believe that you have above skills and experience required, you should apply for the role.