This organization is a leading supplier to both the civil and construction sector. With enviable growth and a superb culture, they are looking to add to the finance team to make improvements to the busy AP function.
Support the Accounts Payable with technical issues (system/ processing), track and maintain team levels metrics and reports for a variety of data. Support Accounts Payable Manager to develop and identify improvements to current processes to improve productivity and quality results of the team. Duties will be 30% business as usual and 70% business improvement so the emphasis is on someone that can affect change!
- Ensure reliable and accurate processes are established to ensure prompt processing of invoices and accounts reconciliations.
- Drive standardization and business compliance across AP function.
- Development and maintenance of process mapping and standard operations procedures; collaborating with finance collages and end-users to drive alignment
- Create and maintenance of AP user guides for system processes and procedures
- Investigate and resolve ADHOC invoicing queries and escalations in a timely manner
- Preparation of ADHOC weekly/monthly payment run and cashflow analysis
- Sustain effective working relationships with internal/external stakeholders, clients, and suppliers
- Undertake large data analysis to recommend and implement solutions
- Maintenance of supplier data and Supplier Master Data Creation
- Periodic ad hoc reporting and analysis such as payment analysis, payables aging reports
- Assist team through testing and implementation of new processes and system automation
- Liaise with accounting team to manage control of prepayments; accruals and PPV variances
- Assist AP Manager with EOM processes and procedures
- Degree-level qualifications in Accounting or similar
- A thorough understanding of end-to-end AP processing experience
- Ability to gather information, analyze problems, makes judgments, and develop appropriate solutions
- Prior experience in an AP role or equivalent; 5 years of AP experience
- Proven experience in implementing new transactional systems for accounts payables automation
- Prior experience in Master Data maintenance and AP analyst/ reporting
- Accuracy attention to detail and excellent verbal and written skills
- Advance skills in Microsoft Excel with data analysis and reporting skills are required for this role
- Strong ability to prioritize the completion of a high volume of tasks within tight deadlines and timeframes.
- EPICOR systems experience desired
This is an exciting role for someone that has developed their core AP experience or is looking to study broader finance skills as they progress through their CPA. This is all supported by this generous and supportive business.